Fundraising Events and Programs
- October 5, 2011 Women and Heart Disease. Presentation by Amy Carrier, Associate Vice-President of Clinical Service Lines with Adventist HealthCare.
- September 7, 2011 Ashley McSwain, Executive Director, Our Place DC, about shelters for the elderly, at risk
youth, ex-offenders, victims of domestic violence, and the homeless.
- July 6, 2011 : Kerri Norris, graduate of Centro Norteamericano des Estudios Interculturales of Seville, Spain
Kerri has served on the Global Business Committee for the Women’s Business Enterprise National
Council, is also a great dancer- “she can dance in more languages than she can speak” she knows, and will tell
us, how dance, rhythm and “going with the flow” can empower you.
- June 5, 2011 Fellowship Event: Community Flea Market, Wachovia Bank Parking Lot (at the corner of MacArthur Blvd & Arizona Avenue NW)
- May, 2011 Installation Event: At the May dinner meeting, we had the pleasure of having Margo Sheridan, our Area
Director, conduct the ceremony of installing the new
elected officers for the fiscal year June 2011 – May 2012.
It was a great evening and joyous celebration.
- January 5, 2011 Amelia Earhart Dinner Program 2011. Speakers: Norma Ely, Air Trafic Manager at Andrews Air Force Base, and Robin Rush, Manager, ATO Dversity Officers and President, Professional Women Controllers, Inc.
- October 6, 2010 Meral Guzel, Finance and Private Sector Development Specialist at the World Bank.
- September 1, 2010. Advocacy Project Presentation Photos. Iain Guest, Executive Director of the Advocacy Project, introduced the video and responded to questions. .
- February 3rd, 2010:
Dr. Sarah Craven, the
Washington Representative of
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund,
talked about the UN Commission on the Status of Women.
- January 6, 2010:
Major Nicole Malachowski, first woman pilot selected to fly as part of the USAF Air Demonstration Squadron, better known as the Thunderbirds.
- January 7, 2009 Speaker: Jenness Simler, professional staff member for the House Armed Services Committee
- February 7, 2007: Dinner Meeting Speaker: Cheryl A. Mills, Associate Deputy Administrator for Entrepreneurial Development for the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- March 2, 2005: Dinner Meeting Speakers: Sara Kriksciun, Deputy Executive Director CARE - Central Region
and Doras Chirwa, a CARE official from Zambia