Zonta Club Members...
- Improve the Lives of Women Worldwide
- Promote Women's Human Rights & Equality
- Share with other Professionals
- Form International Friendships
- Are Leaders of Today and Tomorrow
Objectives of the Club are:
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local level through service and advocacy.
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions.
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
Why Join Zonta?Zonta International is a leading global organization of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy. Through the diverse group of professionals and executives, Zonta provides the opportunity for cultivating relationships and networking with executives around the world in order to make a difference in our world through service and advocacy. Membership in Zonta International and the Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. is by invitation, and Zonta's diversity is ensured through the classification of its members into occupational sectors.
Membership is a responsibility that requires time, resources and financial commitments - though it is far more than simple numbers. Membership to the Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. is about relationships, service, fellowship, advocacy, and mentorship among our fellow Zontians as we work together to make a difference in the lives of women and girls around the world and in our own community. Our Club provides the venue and opportunity to meet people you may not normally meet, sharing meals, and reflecting on issues and topics raised by speakers or current events.
- Must be willing to support and implement the objectives of the Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. and of Zonta International.
- Must be or have been actively engaged in a decision-making capacity in a recognized business or profession.
- Pay all dues, fees and assessments promptly.
- Attend club and relevant committee meetings, and club events.
- Be familiar with club bylaws and parliamentary procedure.
- Participate actively in committees, meetings and interesting discussions.
- Accept leadership roles and give time, talent and enthusiasm to the organization.
- Identify and suggest prospective new members.