Academic Year 2021 - 2022
Awards for this academic year were announced on August 9, 2021. The Club and Foundation awarded $60,500 to 15 candidates. News Release - Scholarships 2021 awards
Academic Year 2022 - 2023
Applications and instructions will be posted in January 2022 on this page. You do not need to be a resident of the District of Columbia; however, you must be enrolled in one of the schools listed to be considered for this scholarship award.
For more information, contact us at: ScholarshipUndergrad@zontawashingtondc.org
"Educate a boy, and you educate an individual. Educate a girl, and you educate a community."- Adelaide Hoodless
The Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. Undergraduate Scholarship program was established to support women of any age pursuing a bachelor's degree in areas such as but not limited to business, engineering, healthcare, education, technology, mathematics, or the sciences (social or basic). Scholarship awards are given annually.
- Must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrates financial need
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at one of the following institutions:
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Gallaudet University
- Georgetown University
- The George Washington University
- Howard University
- Trinity Washington University
- University of the District of Columbia
- Previous awardees are encouraged to apply.
- Application is available January through March.
- Awardees are notified in mid-summer.
Award Amount Varies - generally the awards are from $2,000 to $5,000